Layout Visio System, Service, Dependency & Data Flow Diagrams With Ease
The Relationship connector (available as a Visio stencil) is designed to make it easy to display hierarchical dependencies used in various diagram types for system and service mapping. It works well with data sources such as CMDB’s and spreadsheets as it can quickly highlight errors in data, as well as clearly show the dependencies between key components. This connector was developed to support automated system diagramming from AssetGen SysMap as well as work with other data sources.
The connector integrates with Visio’s shape data feature to display the type of relationship the connector represents. The Relationship connector can display labels in multiple ways, with the default being to display the text of the relationship type. The long form version displays the names of the start and end configuration items, as well as the relationship type. The auto align version aligns text parallel to the connector.
Relationship Connector Shape Options
- Show (Hide) All Labels – This shows (or hides) the labels for the relationship type for all connectors on the page.
- Show (Hide) Label – This shows (or hides) the label for the relationship type for an individual connector on the page (overrides the page setting).
- Reset Label Position – This will reset the relationship label back to the middle of the connector if it has been moved.
- Longform – If Checked, the relationship label will include the Configuration Item’s that it connects to in the label
- e.g. DB01 Runs On VM01
- Auto-Align – If Checked, the relationship label will be angled to be parallel with the line
- A mix of connectors can be used in a single diagram – so it is simple and easy to show/hide relationship labels.
To download the add-in you must register using the “contact us” section on the site. Our team will then e-mail you with a download link. Please note: the utility requires any of the following versions, Visio 2007 onwards (Professional or Premium versions required for shape data and data graphics support). The Microsoft 365 Plan 2 Version of Visio is also supported.
You will then receive a download link in an e-mail.
If you want a custom version of the add-in, or templates and stencils then please contact us.