Layout Visio topology diagrams with ease
The intelligent network connector shapes (available as a Visio stencil) are designed to make it easy to layout Visio topology diagrams, where port naming needs to be displayed consistently. They save a lot of time creating and updating diagrams which require constant re-arrangement of shapes, connectors, and port layouts.
Each connector shape has menu options and behaviour to support the typical layout issues on complex network topology diagrams. They are designed to work with the AssetGen Visio Utilities’ “Network Organiser” module for fast, simple diagram layouts. They are also supplied as standard with the AssetGen Connect system to support automated Visio outputs.
Connections between switches and routers have the port names visible at the end of the connectors. The positioning of the port labels adjusts automatically, positioning the label relative to the shapes connection. The angle of port labels can be horizontal for easy reading, or auto-aligned for dense connectivity so the port label text is angled parallel to the connector. Moving switches and routers will result in the labels being repositioned automatically for optimal viewing.
Port Labelling & Positioning
The port labels on a selected connector will show a yellow handle, which you can click on and drag to fine tune a label position.
Connector Shape Options
- Hide (Show) All Port Labels – This will hide (or show) the labels for all ports on the page.
- Hide (Show) Port Labels – this hides (or shows) the labels only for the currently selected connector (it overrides the page settings).
- Swap Ports A/B – This will swap the labels from one end to the other.
- Reset Port Label Positions – This option is only enabled if you have manually positioned the labels for the connector. It resets the label positions to their defaults.
- Reset Port Label Visibility – This option is only enabled if you have show/hide port labels for the connector, which overrides the global page setting for port visibility. This option resets the connector to use the page option.
- Connector Tooltip – This overlay for the network connector allows you to show port and equipment information, simply by hovering your mouse over the connector.
- The VLAN connector –Our VLAN Connector shows VLANs information from shape data for access and trunk IDs.
To download the add-in you must register using the “contact us” section on the site. Our team will then e-mail you with a download link. Please note: the utility requires any of the following versions, Visio 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 (Professional or Premium versions required for shape data and data graphics support).
You will then receive a download link in an e-mail.
If you want a custom version of the add-in, or templates and stencils then please contact us.